Australians who are celebrating a milestone birthday or wedding anniversary can receive personal congratulations from the Prime Minister, Governor-General or The Queen.
Who is eligible for a congratulatory message?
- The Prime Minister will send a message of congratulations to people turning 90 years of age (or more)
- The Queen and Governor-General will send a message on a 100th birthday.
- On request, the Prime Minister and the Governor-General will write again every year and The Queen will write again every five years following the 100th Birthday.
- The Prime Minister and Governor-General send messages to couples celebrating 50 years of marriage and subsequent wedding anniversaries.
- The Queen will send messages to couples celebrating 60 years of marriage and will write every five years after that on request.
Congratulatory Message Eligibility:
|50th Wedding Anniversary||50th plus Wedding Anniversary||90th Birthday||90th plus Birthday|
|Governor-General||Yes||Yes||No||100th and every year thereafter|
|The Queen||No||60th and every fifth thereafter||No||100th and every fifth year thereafter|
How do I arrange the message?
You can arrange a congratulatory message through the office of The Hon Kevin Andrews MP by:
- Calling the office on (03) 9848 9900; or
- Visiting the electorate office at Level 1, 651 Doncaster Road, Doncaster; or
- Completing the submission form below
If you are applying for a message on behalf of a relative or friend who lives in another electorate, their local federal member will be notified so they can send a message too.
You will need to provide supporting documentation such as birth certificates or marriage certificates.If these are not available you can provide a statutory declaration. Statutory declaration forms are available at any post office or from the electorate office.
You can provide this supporting documentation by:
- Attach it to the form below; or
- Fax a copy to the elecorate office on (03) 9848 9900; or
- Post a copy to PO Box 124, Doncaster VIC 3108; or
- Hand deliver a copy to the electorate office at Level 1, 651 Doncaster Road, Doncaster.
Where appropriate, your request to the Prime Minister will be passed on to the Governor-General and The Queen so you only have to make one application.
When should I arrange the message?
You can lodge a request for congratulatory messages up to two months before the celebration.
You can also request a belated message up to one month after the birthday or wedding anniversary has passed.
Where will the message be delivered?
Congratulatory messages can be posted directly to the recipient’s home address or alternatively to care-of address (such as a friend or relative) for surprises.
Please call (03) 9848 9900 once you have submitted your message request to ensure it has been received