The Awards recognise the valued contribution of ordinary members of our community and celebrate our national identity as Australians.
Every year since 1995, outstanding members of our local community have been nominated to receive the Menzies Community Australia Day Award. These are people who have worked hard to make our community a better place to live.
The Awards will be presented on Monday, 27 January 2014 at the Manningham Function Centre, Manningham City Council, 699 Doncaster Road, Doncaster at 10:30 am.
As part of the ceremony, I will present each Award recipient with a special certificate to acknowledge his or her contribution to our community.
If you know of anyone who should be considered for an award, please complete the nomination form below. Please do not hesitate to call my office on 9848 9900 if you require any further information.
KEVIN ANDREWS MP
The Hon Kevin Andrews MP
Minister for Social Services
Federal Member for Menzies
Office Address: 1st Floor, 651 Doncaster Road, Doncaster VIC 3108
Postal Address: PO Box 124, Doncaster VIC 3108
Telephone: (03) 9848 9900
Fax: (03) 9848 2741
Kevin Andrews aims to:
- foster local pride in each and every resident
- instil in all Australians, whatever their origin, a desire to contribute to the future of their community
- encourage constituents to live and work together
- encourage camaraderie towards one another in the community
- stimulate concern for Australia as a nation
- create awareness of Australia's heritage
- promote observance and celebration of Australia Day
Australia Day is a day for:
- apreciating the heritage and history of this land and its people
- giving thanks to all who have contributed to today's Australia
- reconciliation, celebrating our unity as a nation, and reflecting on our part in our nation's future
I hereby nominate:
Who can be nominated?
Nominations are open to individuals active in any field of endevour in the Electorate of Menzies.
An award to an individual can be made only once. This is in keeping with the guidelines for other awards, for example the Order of Australia.
Please Note: Organisations and groups may submit up to two (2) nominees each.
How to nominate someone?
Please fill out the nomination form to the left.
Please provide a brief statement about the nominee (in between 60 and 120 words) outlining the contribution and achievements in the field of endevour for which they are nominated and the benefits delivered to the community.
When do nominations close?
Nominations for the Menzies Community Australia Day Award close on Friday, 22 November 2013. Kindly submit your nomination as soon as possible.